7 – 11 October in Lisbon, Portugal, hosted the XXXV annual Congress of the European society of cataract and refractive surgeons (ESCRS - 2017). This is the largest ophthalmology Congress held in the International exhibition center. At the opening ceremony, the President of the ESCRS David Spalton noted the magnitude of this forum in its work have taken part almost 10 thousand delegates from 116 countries, Professor B. E. Malyugin was awarded the Medal. Binkhorst (Binkhorst Medal), and presented a lecture dedicated cataract surgery in eyes with high risk.
The scientific program of the Congress included 492 1257 oral and poster presentations 125 training courses and Wetlab 64. In the spotlight were the issues of cataract surgery in complicated cases, femtolazer-assisted phacoemulsification, implantation of different models of IOL, refractive surgery, corneal pathology and the study of its biomechanics, crosslinking, etc.
The Congress was attended by the delegation of our Institute consisting of the Director, corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Professor M. M. Bikbov: Deputy chief physician at innovative development, candidate of medical Sciences S. R. Kazbekova and head. 1 microsurgical Department, PhD M. S. Absalyamova.
The participation of Institute staff presented the following poster presentations:
- E. Usubov, Bikbov M., Surkova V., Khalimova L., Titoyan K., Mukhamadieva S. Topography of thedemarcation line after UV corneal cross-linking with progressive keratoconus
- Usubov E., M. Bikbov, M. Astrelin, V. Surkova Prospects for using scleral cross-linking with riboflavin and ultraviolet A (UVA) in progressive myopia
- Zaynullina N., M. Bikbov, E. Usubov Long-term results of standard corneal cross-linking with progressive keratoconus
- Usubov E., M. Bikbov, Titoyan K., V. Surkova, Khikmatullin R. Assesment of the significance of ratios obtained with the use of ORB-scan corneal topography system im diagnostic of subclinical keratoconus
- Orenburkina O., Bikbov M., Absalyamov M., Y. Burkhanov, D. Sarvarov, Nuriev I., Bikbulatova A. The results of Femtophacoemulsification of cataract with "blended" multifocal IOL
- Sarvarov D., M. Bikbov, Orenburkina O., N. Zainullina Clinical and functional outcomes of femtosecond laser-asisted cataract surgery
font-size: 12pt;"> - Pasikova N., Bikbulatova A., Bikbov M. Retrospective analysis of the accuracy of intraocular lens power calculation formulas in patients after anterior radial keratotomy
Great interest among the participants of the Congress called the video session and the session "the best of the Best", where there were reports that caused the greatest interest among the audience.
As always, within the ESCRS exhibition where leading manufacturers have introduced diagnostic and surgical ophthalmic equipment, scientific literature.