The Delegation of the Ufa Eye Research Institute participated in the work of the 37th ESCRS Congress
The Delegation of the Ufa Eye Research Institute participated in the work of the 37th European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons Congress that was held in September, 13-18 in Paris, France.
The President of ESCRS B. Cochener welcomed the participants of the Congress during the Opening Ceremony and noted that the main goal of ESCRS is to developing skills and education level of its members.
About 10 000 ophthalmologists from more than 100 countries participated in the Congress. There were presented about 600 oral presentations, 16 symposia, 110 training courses and 75 Wetlabs. Almost all aspects of cataract and refractive surgery, treatment of complications, inflammatory eye conditions and glaucoma were considered during the sessions. Much attention has been paid to the outcomes of CXL for the treatment of keratectasia and etc. There was a session of young scientists and video sessions.
One more important session for participants was a Poster Session (Poster Village) – an interactive part of the Conference where authors presented their works and interacted with the audience in less formal situation.
The staff of the Ufa Eye Research Institute presented 5 reports and 4 posters. One of them was presented in the Poster Village.
1. Bikbov M., Orenburkina О. Femtolaser arcuate incisions for residual astigmatism correction after multifocal intraocular lenses implantation
- Bikbov M., Bikbulatova A. Manual cleaning of the posterior capsule: technique and results
- Bikbov M., Israfilova G., Zainullin R. Prevalence and interrelated factors of cataract development in the Russian population
- Bikbov M., Usubov E., Kazakbaeva G., Rusakova I. Repeated conventional crosslinking due to unsufficient epi-on protocol with progressive keratoconus
- Bikbov M., Usubov E., Rakhimova E., Rusakova I., Zaynetdinov A. Femtosecond laser-assisted modified anterior lamellar keratoplasty for keratoconus
An intense scientific programme, active debates, the opportunity to discuss pressing issues with foreign colleagues help to expand the knowledge and raise the qualification. And beautiful Paris with its huge historical and musical traditions didn’t leave anyone indifferent!